Black Moon was founded in 2010 by Jo Black and a business partner, then called Black Inc. they opened the shop in the November of that year in King Street.
During the four years in the King Street shop, Jo apprenticed two people who have gone on to have successful careers locally.
In October 2015, Black Inc. expanded to Stony Street and brought in more artists. Since then the shop has gone from strength to strength and is very lucky to have now expanded once again to a two floored property in Cheap Street. Upon opening the new shop, now called Black Moon, Jo and the team took on Jodie Young as a full time apprentice.
We now have 6 tattoo artists, a piercer and a studio manager. You can find out a bit about everyone on the artists section of the site!
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Deposits are taken at the time of booking an appointment, this is to secure your appointment date and protect us from making bookings that do not show up.
DEPOSITS ARE NON REFUNDABLE IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCE.
YOU MAY REARRANGE AN APPOINTMENT ONCE WITH THE SAME DEPOSIT AS LONG AS 4 DAYS NOTICE IS GIVEN VIA EMAIL. OTHERWISE YOU WILL REQUIRE A NEW DEPOSIT.
IF YOU ARE MORE THAN 20 MINITES LATE FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT WITHOUT CALLING US TO LET US KNOW YOU MAY LOSE THE APPOINTMENT AND THE DEPOSIT.
**We reserve the right to keep deposits if an appointment has been cancelled by us due to inappropriate behaviour or attitude from a client**
BLACK MOON RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE TO TATTOO OR PIERCE ANYBODY WHO ACTS INAPPROPRIATELY TOWARDS STAFF OR CUSTOMERS, ANYBODY WHO MAKES US FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE, ANYBODY WHO TREATS US IN A NEGATIVE WAY, ANYBODY WHO WE BELIEVE TO BE UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF DRUGS OR ALCOHOL, OR IF WE BELIEVE THAT BEING TATTOOED COULD BE DANGEROUS FOR AN INDIVIDUAL.
WE WILL NOT TATTOO PREGNANT OR BREASTFEEDING WOMEN.
ONCE YOU LEAVE THE STUDIO THE TATTOO IS YOUR RESPONSABILITY – WE WILL ENSURE IT IS CLEAN AND STERILE AND COVERED WITH A STERILE DRESSING. WE CANNOT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR BAD CHOICES WITH AFTERCARE.
DEPOSITS ARE NON REFUNDABLE.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- WHERE IS BLACK MOON? Black Moon is situated at 7a-b Cheap Street, Frome, Somerset, BA11 1BN. We are above Sassy and Boo and opposite POP. Its an easy 14 minute walk from the train station that has easy access from surrounding areas and also London, Weymouth, Devon etc. There is also a bus service from Bath and Trowbridge to Frome that runs often.
- WHERE DO I PARK? There are several car parks in Frome, it is a small town and we are walking distance from most of the parking. You can park all day at the Cheese and Grain or the Cattle Market car parks or n M&S carpark for up to 3 hours.
- HOW DO I BOOK IN? The best way to book in is to call the shop on (01373)464699 or 07422665796 or contact the specific artist directly over email (see personal artist pages.) If you are unsure on who you would like to do the tattoo you want, please email our general enquiries email at email@example.com
- DO YOU DO WALK INS? YES! We often have availability for walk ins, there are 6 artists here and usually someone can accommodate walk ins, but to avoid disappointment it’s always best to call up first to check – 01373464699.
- HOW MUCH WILL MY TATTOO COST? All of our artists work on an hourly basis unless stated or previously agreed. Some artists offer discounts for full day sittings. These rates vary from £60 an hour to £100 an hour depending on experience.
- DO YOU TAKE CARDS? We do not take cards, however there is a cash machine at the end of our street.
- DO I NEED TO LEAVE A DEPOSIT? Yes, when making the booking, the artist will discuss how much deposit will be and the bank or Paypal details to send it to. The deposit will be taken off the total of your tattoo, and in some cases where the work is ongoing, the deposit will need to be rolled over to your next appointment.
DEPOSITS ARE NON REFUNDABLE, please refer to the section above on paying deposits. We do not offer deposit refunds, we are happy to move your appointment to another date if you cannot attend your original appointment. We reserve the right to keep deposits if an appointment has been cancelled by us due to inappropriate behaviour by a client.
- WHEN MAKING A BOOKING WHAT INFORMATION SHOULD I INCLUDE? A clear description of what you’d like tattooed including any reference images. The size you would like the tattoo preferably in inches or as accurately as you can, however it can be fitted to scale on the day. What part of your body the tattoo will be going, disclose any scars, moles or existing tattoos that might obstruct the new tattoo. Its helpful to have a photo of the area. Let us know several dates or windows of time that would work for you, although bare in mind Jo is usually booked at least a month in advance. We close on Sunday and Monday so these are not available days except in very extreme circumstances.
- IF I NEED TO CANCEL OR RESCHEDULE MY APPOINTMENT, WHAT HAPPENS TO MY DEPOSIT? Appointments can only be rescheduled once using the same deposit and a minimum of 48 working hours notice is required.
- If you don’t turn up or miss your appointment, you will lose your deposit and the artist will require a new deposit upon booking again.
- DO YOU DO LASER REMOVAL? We currently do not offer laser removal but we intend to in the near future. We highly recommend Broad Street in Bath for laser removal.
- DO YOU OFFER PIERCINGS? YES! We have a beautiful range of jewellery available and bookings for piercings can be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- I AM A TATTOO ARTIST AND WANT TO COME AND GUEST AT BLACK INC, HOW DO I GET IN TOUCH? Email email@example.com with a link to your Instagram and any work you have. Although I’m sure we will be pleased to have you!